Grab your bike, lace up your sneakers, and get on board as we celebrate June as Walk and Roll Month across Cornwall and SDG.
Walk and Roll Month is so much more than 30 days in June. It’s a celebration of walking and rolling*; an incentive to get outside and move; a gateway to riding, walking, and rolling more often; an excuse to discover a new path or trail; a reason to join a club or participate in an event; the push to bike to work or school; and so much more!
So, let’s grab life by the handlebars, lace up our sneakers and celebrate the walking and rolling people, paths and possibilities of Cornwall & SDG.
*rolling = riding a pedal bike, skateboarding, rollerblading, using a wheelchair or scooter, carpooling, and using transit
To get involved, all you need is two feet, a heartbeat and a willingness to walk and roll as much as you can Commit to riding your bike by planning a fun family outing or riding to work or school; call a friend and hit the trails for a nice scenic walk or a take a tour of your community on foot; or make plans with your spouse or colleague to try carpooling or riding transit to work! Need more ideas? Here are some simple ways for you to get walking and rolling all month long:
- Like and follow us on Facebook @walkandrollcornwallsdg for regular updates, tips, and information about what’s going on locally!
- Several partners are stepping up to host events to help you make the most of Walk and Roll Month. Visit our Facebook page often to see our featured events and make sure you check back often as new events are always being added!
- Get inspired, make connections, or discover new paths – whatever it is you’re looking for, chances are you can find here!
- Spread the word! Let us know how you’re walking and rolling – tag us on Facebook @walkandrollcornwallsdg and use #walkandrollmonth2019
- Download our revamped Walk and Roll Bingo Card and see how many boxes you (and your family, friends or coworkers) can check off with your family throughout the month of June!
Become a Celebration Partner!
Whether you’re part of a municipal or town government, community organization, local club, bike shop, or any other group interested in making your community better, anyone can have a leading roll in celebrating Walk and Roll 2019. It’s as easy as spreading the word, hosting an event and celebrating! To get started, simply fill out our Online Form and download our Partner Toolkit. Don’t forget to let us know if you’re hosting an event so we can promote it!