Events & Activities to get you moving during June is Walk and Roll Month!
Annual Sunset Community Cycle for Ice Cream with the Cornwall Outdoor Club de Plein Air: Cycle from Lamoureux Park to Archie’s Golf Course along the bike path. Decorate your bike with lights and reflectors to ride back in the dark
- Meet at the Bandshell in Lamoureux Park, registration at 6:30pm, ride departs at 7:00pm.
- For more information, contact 613-360-3403
Bikes & Badges 2019 with the Cornwall Police Service: Bikes & Badges is returning on June 1st, 2019! This event continues to grow every year! Join us as we provide children in our community with a free bicycle inspection, a Zumba warm-up, as well as lessons on bicycle safety and rules of the road before going through an obstacle course. Registered participants may also be eligible to receive a new quality helmet and safety equipment. The Cornwall Police Service Crime Prevention team will be on site to register bicycle serial numbers into the Cornwall Police Service Bike Registry. A free lunch and refreshments will be provided by the Optimist Club to all who attend. The event is open to children between the ages of 6-11.
- St Lawrence College from 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Register online: https://bit.ly/2W4Sjha
Canal Walk on the Waterfront Trail with the Cornwall Outdoor Club de Plein Air: Join us for a walk on the Waterfront Trail along Cornwall’s historic canal from the Lamoureux Park boat launch to the Power Dam.
- Meet at the Lamoureux Park Boat Launch, walk starts at 1:00pm
- For more information, call 613-360-3403
2019 Eastern Ontario Active Transportation Summit with the Township of South Stormont: This is the not-to-be-missed event of 2019 for all those with a passion for transforming our communities into vibrant and thriving places where people can move around on foot or by bike.
- Registration closes June 4th at noon: https://eoats2019.eventbrite.ca/
- Contact Sherry-Lynn (sherry[dash]lynn[at]southstormont[dot]ca)
Sidewalk Astronomy Cornwall’s premiere monthly night sky event hosted by Speaking of Space! Telescopes will be set up in Lamoureux Park (near the Bandshell) for free public use. You’ll be able to explore the Moon and Jupiter visually, take photos of the Moon with your device and more. Giant projection screens will highlight the hidden gems of the night sky that only a telescope camera can reveal.
Virtual reality (VR) experiences will let you explore the universe without having to leave the ground.
- Friday, June 14th from 10:00pm – 12:00am
- Meet at Lamoureux Park (Water Street, Cornwall) – Show Map
Walk at Cooper’s Marsh with the Cornwall Outdoor Club de Plein Air: Join us for a walk through Lancaster’s beautiful wetland conservation area trails.
- Meet at Cooper’s Marsh Saturday June 22nd, walk starts at 10:00am
- For more information call 613-938-4758.
Cornwall Art Walk: Cornwall Art Walk pairs local artists with Downtown businesses (around Pitt St. & 2nd) giving visitors the opportunity to view artists painting or performing while visiting the Downtown area each 4th Friday in May, June, July, & August, 4 – 9 p.m. Follow the Art Walk flags.
Join a walking club:
- Seaway Valley Community Health Centre – Wellness Walkers in Cornwall
- Centre de santé communautaire de l’Estrie – Various locations in SDG: Alexandria, Cornwall & PR: Casselman, Embrun, Hawkesbury
- Friends of the Glengarry Trails Association – Wednesday Walking Club: meets each Wednesday at the Island Park in Alexandria at 9 am for a group walk on the trails. Please contact Helena McCuaig if you wish to attend 613-347-2573, visit https://glengarrytrails.com/ or find them on Facebook
More ways to get involved: