Thanks to everyone who grabbed their bike, laced up their sneakers, and got on board as we celebrated June as Walk and Roll Month across Cornwall and SDG!
Walk and Roll Month Highlights:
Here are some of the amazing things our partners and supporters did for Walk and Roll Month:
- The Cornwall Outdoor Club de Plein Air hosted 3 special Walk and Roll Month Events including their famous annual Moonlight Bike Ride
- The City of Cornwall and the Eastern Ontario Health Unit collaborated to produce 3 Walk and Roll Videos:
- The Township of South Stormont held their own Walk and Roll Month Bingo Contest. Two lucky winners were selected and received NEW bikes!
- The City of Cornwall held a social media contest urging people to post their walk and roll adventures in and around Cornwall using #walkandrollcornwall. The lucky winners received tickets to this fall’s Cirque du Soleil Axel show
- The Township of South Stormont (in partnership with the Eastern Ontario Health Unit, the St-Lawrence Parks Commission, and the United Counties of SDG) hosted the 6th annual EOAT Summit – Creating Walkable & Bikeable Rural Communities. Visit our website for a full recap and links to the presentations.
Walk and Roll Month may be over, but you can always stay involved:
- Like and follow us on Facebook @walkandrollcornwallsdg for regular updates, tips, and information about what’s going on locally!
- Get inspired, make connections, or discover new paths – whatever it is you’re looking for, chances are you can find it here!
- Spread the word! Let us know how you’re walking and rolling – tag us on Facebook @walkandrollcornwallsdg
- Download our revamped Walk and Roll Bingo Card and see how many boxes you (and your family, friends or coworkers) can check off with your family!
- Stay tuned for the details of June is Walk and Roll Month 2020!